Each in-home evaluation assesses the degree of fit between you and your environment and assesses your ability to safely carry out functional activities in your home.
An in-home assessment would include:
- Review of performance difficulties
- Assessment of physical and/or cognitive barriers to the safe and independent completion of self-care and home tasks
- Direct observation of you and your ability to complete certain tasks
- Assessment of your home environment
Results of the assessment could include:
- Equipment recommendations to help you maintain the highest level of function and manage tasks more easily and independently
- Recommendations for home modifications (for example: stair railings, walk-in shower, ramps to eliminate lips within the home)
- Education on activity modification
Assessments are conducted within Kingston, Ontario and the surrounding areas.